Sunday, March 13, 2011

Velvety Red

Hi again...

So, I wanted to practice with some "red velvet."  Yes, I'm tapping into my southern roots here!!  Now, what you'll see is just some playing around with buttercream and scroll.  There is no consistency to the pattern in regards to the scroll work.  I was just having fun with the left over green icing.  I don't usually cut my cakes before serving, but I was dyyyyying to see the 4 layered look before the mister took it into work!  I JUST LOVE IT!!!  And the red velvet cake isn't too bad, either.  Rather scrumptious (the secret ingredient is the bit of cocoa powder I used).  

Anyway, I don't think I will be making any red velvet armadillo cakes anytime soon (think Steel Magnolias), but it's in my repertoire anyway (the cake that is).  

Enjoy the photos and until next time....making memories, one cake at a time!



3 comments:

  1. THis is sooooo pretty! I bet it tasted wonderful! You are really knocking me out with all these designs!
    Hugs,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. Erin: you have outdone yourself. I need to order one for Evonne; she loves Red Velvet Cake. You have to figure out how to ship them or meet me half way!! love ya Patty Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aunt Pat!!! Let me know when and I will work my magic!!! :) It was scrumptious, too. :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete